Application to Manhattan Tech
- Submit the online Admission Application and pay the required forty-dollar ($40.00) non-refundable application fee. Please allow at least ten (10) business days for processing of application.
Manhattan Tech Email and Online Account
- Once your application has been processed and you are a new student, you will receive an email to your personal email address listed on your application. This email will provide instructions on how to access your student portal and reset your temporary password. Your MATC email will be used for all Manhattan Tech communication.
Financial Aid/Military Education Benefits
- Federal Financial Aid is available in the form of grants, loans, and work study. If you would like to be considered for federal and state financial aid programs, complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can submit the FAFSA online through the Department of Education’s site: www.fafsa.ed.gov. Manhattan Tech’s school code is 005500. We accept various military education benefits. Please refer to our website for details.
Submit Official Transcripts
- Official high school and college transcripts can be mailed or transferred electronically (email@example.com) directly from the issuing institution and received by the Registrar prior to registration. Official transcripts must be in a sealed envelope upon receipt. Additional questions about can be directed to our registrar's page transcripts may be sent to:
Manhattan Area Technical College
3136 Dickens Ave
Manhattan, KS 66503
- Schedule an appointment for the Placement Assessment, if applicable. Manhattan Tech uses the Accuplacer Assessment for placement into math and English courses. If you have taken the ACT or college level math/English classes, you may not need to take the Accuplacer. Scheduling an assessment test can be completed on our website.
Complete Associate Degree of Nursing Pre-Requisites
(Verified by official transcript) minimum grade of “C” for transferability and an overall cumulative 2.5 GPA:
- BSC 125 Anatomy & Physiology - 5 credit hours (prerequisites exist for this course)
- BSC 205 Microbiology with lab - 5 credit hours (prerequisites exist for this course)
- COM 105 English Composition I - 3 credit hours
- COM 115 Public Speaking OR COM 116 Interpersonal Communication - 3 credit hours
- MAT 110 Intermediate Algebra or Higher - 3 credit hours
- NTR 105 Nutrition - 3 credit hours
- PSY 100 General Psychology - 3 credit hours
- PSY 125 Human Growth and Development - 3 credit hours
Schedule a Pre-Associate Degree of Nursing Appointment
- Set up a time with the Director of the Division of Nursing by contacting the nursing department at 785-320-4516. The advising appointment should be scheduled as soon as you apply for the nursing program, but must be completed no later than July 1 for the January admission date or December 1 for the July admission date.
Schedule and Complete the PN Comprehensive Predictor
- The PN Comprehensive Predictor Exam is a requirement for program entry. Any NCLEX-PN study guide may be used to prepare for the exam. The test can be scheduled online through RegisterBlast.
LPN License Verification
- Applicants for the Associate Degree Nursing completion program must have an active Kansas LPN license. Manhattan Tech will verify your LPN license verification utilizing the link listed HERE. Make sure you hold an active LPN Licensure status prior to the completion of the packet.
Proof of Immunizations & Nursing Essential Skills and Functional Abilities
- These immunization requirements are in place for the health and safety of Manhattan Tech ADN students and their patients. Refer below for the immunizations that are required:
- MMR Documentation - Two (2) doses or proof of immunity by titer
- Chickenpox (Varicella) - Two (2) doses or proof of immunity by titer (Will NOT ACCEPT HISTORY OF CHICKENPOX)
- Tetanus (TDAP) - One (1) dose taken less than 10 years ago
- Hepatitis B (Hep B) - Three (3) doses or proof of immunity by titer
- A health care provider must sign the Health Care Provider Signature Form within six (6) months of program admission and indicate whether the applicant will be able to meet the cognitive, sensory, affective and psychomotor performance requirements in order to perform as a nursing student. Refer to ADN packet for more information.
If Applicable, Test of English as a Foreign Language
- Associate Degree of Nursing applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency before being accepted into the Associate Degree of Nursing program. The test used to measure English proficiency as set by Manhattan Tech, is the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Each area must meet the minimum requirements in the categories listed below:
- Writing: 20
- Speaking: 20
- Reading: 19
- Listening: 20
Complete Associate Degree of Nursing Application – Separate from College Application
- Submit your application for the ADN Program to Manhattan Tech. All items listed within the Associate Degree of Nursing Program Information Packet and Application (found online) must be completed before the Nursing Admissions Committee will consider the entrance into the ADN program. Applications must be turned in by February 1 for July entry and August 1 for January entry.