Kansas BLS Data:
BLS Data Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics (2017); Mean Wages of selected occupation in Kansas. Manhatan Tech does not guarantee the below wages.
|Employment Number in Kansas:||Average Mean Kansas Wage:|
- Students will have the knowledge and skills to operate manual and power tools used in residential construction including skill, reciprocating, table and concrete saws, hammer drills, drills, and air guns.
- Students will be familiar with forming systems used in concrete construction.
- Students will be familiar with and have practiced job site safety requirements.
- Students will be introduced to basic blueprint reading.
- Students will be introduced to International and local building codes and how those standards apply to residential construction.
- Students will also be made aware that changes may occur to building codes over time and that those changes must be monitored and adhered to.
- Students will apply problem-solving skills creatively and critically when faced with unforeseen construction dilemmas.
- Students will be able to use math skills to square a foundation and calculate rafter lengths
- Students will communicate with instructor, as they should with future employer by notifying instructor of absences.
- Students will work as a team member to complete worksite projects.
- Students will display a positive attitude toward the profession.
- Technical Certificate
- OSHA-10 Hour course for the Construction Industry
- Residential Carpenter
- Construction Forms Helper
- Carpenter Helper
- Rough Carpenter
- Residential Site Layout Assistant
- Residential Roofer