PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Receive patient assignments and institute nurse aide care for assigned patients.
- Introduce self to patients and put name on white board.
- Follow written polices and procedures as established by nursing administration in performing duties that relate to patient care and documentation regarding all aspects of patient care, and only uses approved abbreviations.
- Ensure that patient rooms are ready for admission and instruct patient and/or family how to utilize bed controls and call light system.
- Assure patient comfort and tend to patient’s personal items upon admission, transfer and/or dismissal.
- Assist all patients with personal hygiene including backrubs and oral care, then documenting in point of care (POC).
- Assist patients with dressing and undressing activities, making sure to keep patients warm.
- Change bed linens and make beds daily providing extra cover requested.
- Assist patients with excretory functions monitoring and documenting bowel movements, and maintaining accurate intake and outputs in POC.
- Assist patients in preparing for medical tests, collecting specimens as instructed, taking them to lab and documenting in POC
- Prepare and give enemas, reporting and documenting results in POC
- Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting patients in and out of bed, chairs, wheelchairs, lifts, and document in POC.
- Perform restorative and rehab procedures as demonstrated by proper positioning and ambulation of patient and utilizing a gait belt and document in point of care.
- Take vitals and patient’s weight as instructed and document in Point of Care.
- Answer patient call light in a timely and courteous manner.
- Prepare and serve patient’s meals assisting with feeding and record intake where necessary, and documenting in POC.
- Provide nourishments/snacks to patients in a timely and courteous manner.
- Report all changes in patient’s conditions to the R. N. as soon as possible.
- Replenish patient’s supplies and perform emergency housekeeping duties as necessary.
- Clean and disinfect patient care equipment in a timely manner, and mark with bag and sticker as clean.
- This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
HOSPITAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
- Attend facility and department meetings.
- Participate in fire and disaster drills.
- Follow the department dress code.
- Wear name badge so visible at all times while working.
- Be to work on time and when scheduled.
- Follow the time clock procedures (clock in and out properly).
- Follow facility safety policies.
- Follow infection control policies.
- Follow facility confidentiality policy.
- Follow facility HIPAA and Corporate Compliance policy.
- Through approved workshops and in-services, improve skills and job knowledge.
- Follow personnel policies as stated in the Employee Handbook
- Be aware of and cooperate with the mission of Gove County Medical Center.
- Maintain good interpersonal relationships with personnel of other departments, public, physicians, patients/residents, and promote positive guest relations.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to provide support to Department Managers, Supervisors, and coworkers in a team oriented manner.
- Demonstrate a respectful and caring attitude through verbal and non-verbal behavior.
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to contribute an effort to cross department boundaries to ensure quality and efficient service.
CNA Long Term Care
520 W. 5th Street; PO Box 129. Quinter, KS 67752
Job Title: Certified Nurse Aide
Responsible to: Hospital Director of Nursing
Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
- Successful completion of certified Nurses Aide course preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS/EXPERTISE
- Ability to communicate well with patients, employees, physician’s etc.
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with peers and employees.
- Must be able to handle confidential information successfully.
- Ability to work with people under all conditions.
- Ability to handle stress.
- Ability to carry out polices and procedures as outlined.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret documents, written in English.
- CPR Certified.
- Eye/Hand, Eye/Foot. Hand/Foot Coordination.
- Normal eyesight, with or without corrective lenses.
- Normal hearing, with or without hearing aides.
- Motor coordination and manual dexterity.
- The ability to bend, stoop, and kneel.
- The ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
- Well-lit work area.
- Prolonged amount of standing, walking throughout the day.
- Work with people under all conditions.
- Meet and talk with a wide variety of employees, visitors, and patients.
- Close visual work.
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases.
- Exposed to the risk of blood borne diseases.
- Exposed to offensive odors or hazards of explosive gases.
- Exposure to patient elements.
- Works under emergency situations.
- Subject to frequent interruptions throughout the day.
- Close interaction with most hospital departments.
- Requires judgment/action, which could prevent the death of a patient.
Gove County Medical Center is committed to providing exceptional healthcare services delivered in a spirit of compassionate care.
Gove County Medical Center will be a prominent healthcare provider in northwest Kansas, offering services which encompass the complete life cycle of our patients, residents, and their loved ones.
THE 4 AGREEMENTS
- Be impeccable with your words.
- Don’t take anything personally.
- Don’t make assumptions.
- Always do your best.
- Demonstrate RESPECT for patients, residents, fellow employees, and teamwork.
- Exhibit COMPASSION to patients, residents, other departments, the public, physicians, and fellow employees to promote teamwork and positive community relations.
- Promote QUALITY HEALTHCARE for all who utilize Gove County Medical Center’s services.
- Support COMMUNITY pride and education through verbal and non-verbal behavior.
- Exhibit ACCOUNTABILITY for situations and financial issues resulting from one’s own actions.
Job duties and work hours may change at any time at the discretion of Gove County Medical Center.
How to Apply:
To Apply complete an application at https://secure.fasthealth.com/web_gcmc_ks/jobapps/job_app1.php?id=
Application Closing Date: March 30, 2019