Application to Manhattan Tech
- Submit the online Admission Application and pay the required forty-dollar ($40.00) non-refundable application fee. Please allow at least ten (10) business days for processing of application.
Manhattan Tech Email and Online Account
- Once your application has been processed and you are a new student, you will receive an email to your personal email address listed on your application. This email will provide instructions on how to access your student portal and reset your temporary password. Your MATC email will be used for all Manhattan Tech communication.
Financial Aid/Military Education Benefits
- Federal Financial Aid is available in the form of grants, loans, and work study. If you would like to be considered for federal and state financial aid programs, complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can submit the FAFSA online through the Department of Education’s site: www.fafsa.ed.gov. Manhattan Tech’s school code is 005500. We accept various military education benefits. Please refer to our website for details.
Submit Official Transcripts
- Official high school and college transcripts can be mailed or transferred electronically (email@example.com) directly from the issuing institution and received by the Registrar prior to registration. Official transcripts must be in a sealed envelope upon receipt. Additional questions about can be directed to our registrar's page transcripts may be sent to:
Manhattan Area Technical College
3136 Dickens Ave
Manhattan, KS 66503
Schedule a Pre-Dental Hygiene Appointment
- Set up a time with an academic advisor by contacting the student services office at 785-587-2800. The advising appointment should be scheduled as soon as you apply for the Dental Hygiene program, but must be completed no later than January 15 for the next fall entry date.
Complete Dental Hygiene Pre-Requisites
- (Verified by official transcript) minimum grade of “C” for transferability and an overall cumulative 2.8 GPA:
- BSC 125 Anatomy & Physiology - 5 credit hours (pre-requisites exist/Needs to be within 5 years)
- BSC 205 Microbiology with lab - 5 credit hours (pre-requisites exist for this course)
- CHM 110 Chemistry I - 5 credit hours (pre-requisites exist/Needs to be within 5 years)
Encouraged to Complete General Education Requirements
- Although General Education courses are not required for a student to complete prior to starting the Dental Hygiene program it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that applicants complete all (15 credits hours) of General Education courses prior to beginning the program.
- COM 105 English Composition - 3 credit hours
- MAT 135 College Algebra or Higher - 3 credit hours
- COM 115 Public Speaking - 3 credit hours
- PSY 100 General Psychology - 3 credit hours
- SOC 100 Introduction to Sociology - 3 credit hours
Schedule and Complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
- The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a requirement for program entry. The test must have been taken within three (3) years of applying to the program. Registration for the TEAS is through the ATI website at www.atitesting.com. Effective mid-August 2018 registration will take place through Manhattan Tech.
- Students that complete their TEAS test at Manhattan Tech will not have to provide results. The Office of Admissions will verify the TEAS test scores. However, students that complete their TEAS test at another institution will have to follow ATI’s process for ordering a TEAS transcript and have it sent to Manhattan Tech.
Proof of Immunizations
- These immunization requirements are in place for the health and safety of Manhattan Tech Dental Hygiene students and their patients. Refer below for the immunizations that are required:
- Hepatitis B (Hep B) - Three (3) doses or proof of immunity by titer
Complete Shadowing/Observing Hours – 40 Minimum
- Complete a minimum of 40 hours shadowing/observing a dental hygienist or a dental hygiene student and submit the Shadowing/Observation Document on page 7 of the admissions packet. It is highly encouraged that applicants shadow a minimum of two (2) hygienists/hygiene students in different dental settings to become exposed to the various career opportunities for dental hygienists. Shadowing hours must be completed between April 1 and December 31 for next year’s admittance.
If Applicable, Test of English as a Foreign Language
- Dental Hygiene applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency before being accepted into the Dental Hygiene program. The test used to measure English proficiency as set by Manhattan Tech, is the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Each area must meet the minimum requirements in the categories listed below:
- Minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper) or 79 (internet based).
Complete Dental Hygiene Application – Separate from College Application
- Submit your application for the Dental Hygiene Program to Manhattan Tech. All items listed within the Dental Hygiene Program Information Packet and Application (found online) must be completed before the Admissions Committee will consider the entrance into the DH program. Applications must be turned in by January 1 for next available fall entry date.