Includes, but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Utilizes Section 7.4, Design and Development of the Operations Quality Assurance Manual on all projects.
- Utilizes the Operations Drafting/Design Standards Manual with each task or assignment.
- Utilizes each applicable document of the Department Quality Standards and Procedures to implement each task or assignment.
- Utilizes Section 7, Design and Design Verification Procedures, of the Project Procedures Manual
- Reports project progression updates and/or issues to Lead Designer as required. Informs Manager and/or Lead Designer of project decisions that differ from Kiewit Engineering & Design Co. standards.
- Learns applicable engineering national and local codes.
- Participates in meetings as required: i.e., Weekly Project Meetings.
- Assists in job related activities with project team members.
- Checks design for consistency, safety, operability and maintenance requirements before submitting to checking.
- Develops 3D models utilizing drawings, sketches, and design skills.
- Develops the capability of checking and navigating in the 3D models for interferences and constructability.
- Creates plan drawings and details.
- Creates Plot Plans and General Arrangement drawings.
- Files the master sets/originals, superseded drawings and originals as required in a timely manner.
- Completes as-builts by utilizing RFIs, ECNs and red-marked drawings from construction to develop “Conformed to Construction Records” as required.
- Completes miscellaneous tasks to support project development.
- Creates guidelines, checklists or other applicable knowledge based documents as assigned.
- Provides lessons learned throughout the project by utilizing the Lessons Learned Database.
- Gathers information needed to develop drawings.
- Resolves checked drawings; prove and understand the comments made.
Early Career Structural Designer
Lenexa, KS, US
DOE (Depending on experience)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and constructively with other team members and disciplines both verbally and in written form. Must be able to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret multi-discipline engineering and vendor documents. Must be able to represent Kiewit Engineering & Design Co. in a professional manner to owners, contractors, vendors and any other contacts outside the Kiewit Engineering & Design Co. organization.
Must be capable of utilizing a computer-aided drafting program (MicroStation, AutoCAD, GeoPak, NavisWorks, Tekla), and have a basic knowledge of the latest computer operating systems. Must be able to communicate through emails and utilize electronic meeting requests. Must have a working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases.
Pursuing Associate or Bachelor degree in Computer Aided Design & Drafting Technology or related field.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://kiewitcareers.kiewit.com/job/Lenexa-Early-Career-Structural-Desi...
Closing Date: April 30, 2019