- Reports project progression updates and/or issues to Lead Electrical Designers required.
- Utilize applicable engineering national and local codes.
- Develops 3D models utilizing drawings, sketches, and design skills. Checks and navigates in the 3D models for interferences and constructability.
- Creates plan drawings and details for electrical deliverables.
- Develops sketches to accompany other concept documentation.
- Develop schematics and one-line drawings from engineering sketches or mark-ups.
- Maintain master drawing set with current revisions for the electrical and controls design drawings.
- File master sets/originals, superseded drawings and originals as required in a timely manner.
- Complete as-built by utilizing Request for Information (RFI) forms, Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) and red-marked drawings from construction to develop “Conformed to Construction Records” as required.
- Participates in project meetings as required.
- Checks design for consistency, safety, operability and maintenance requirements before submitting to checking.
- Resolves checked drawings; prove and understand comments made.
- Routes electrical cables to generate a cable schedule.
- Model electrical components using vendor submittals and electrical designs.
- Completes miscellaneous tasks to support project development.
Electrical Drafting Intern
Lenexa, KS, US
DOE (Depending on experience)
- Must be able to represent Kiewit manner to owners, contractors, vendors and any other contacts outside the Kiewit organization.
- Pursuing Associates, vocational or Bachelor’s degree in drafting technology or high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Experience utilizing 3D programs such as MicroStation, AutoCAD, Revit, AutoCAD MEP, or Navisworks and have knowledge of the latest computer operating systems.
- Must be able to conceptualize in a 3D environment.
- Must be able to communicate through emails and utilize electronic meeting requests.
- Must have a working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases and PDF software.
How to Apply:
Apply online at https://kiewitcareers.kiewit.com/job/Lenexa-Electrical-Drafting-Intern-K...
Closing Date: April 30, 2019