Post date: July 27, 2020
Company Name: USDA-ARS-NBAF
This position is located in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS), National Bio & Agro-Defense Facility located in Manhattan, KS.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check
- Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify at https://www.e-verify.gov/
- Motor Vehicle or Commercial Driver's License Required
- Drug Test Required
- Vaccine(s) Required
- Special Physical Requirements/Demands
- SAC and full background investigation required for positions working with BSL-3 (or higher) agents, or in BSL-3/BSL-4 facilities
- Department of Justice (DOJ) Security Risk Assessment (SRA) approval is required
- National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) clearance is required.
- Immunizations may be required.
- Respirator fitting and certification is required.
- Use a variety of test equipment such as test meters, voltmeters, anmeters, watt meters and ohmmeters.
- Understand the National Electrical Code (NEC) aimed at safeguarding person and property from hazards associated with electrical installations.
- Work with electricians and electronics workers on scheduled and unscheduled adjusting, cleaning, repairing, replacing defective parts, and lubricating programs on all electrical equipment with related accessories.
- Reference National Electrical Code, local codes, building plans, blueprints, wiring diagrams, engineering drawings and electrical maintenance and repair manual as pertains to the work.
- Use hand tools pliers, screwdrivers, electrical benders, battery drills, pipe threaders, hammers, tape measures.
- Work with electricians in troubleshooting malfunctioning equipment, distribution circuits and controlling equipment to locate and correct the cause of outages and improper operation.
- Pay scale & grade
$19.21 to $22.39 per hour
How to Apply
JOB IS POSTED ON USAJOBS.GOV CLICK ON LINK BELOW https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/574400800
August 6, 2020