Fire Sprinkler Designer
$20-25/hour (Depending on experience)
- Currently pursuing or a recent graduate in a Engineering, Fire Protection Engineering, Construction Management, or related degree strongly preferred (Associates degree also considered)
- 0-2 years' fire sprinkler design experience
- Experience with Excel, Word, and AutoCAD preferred
- Ability to travel and relocate as the business requires (25%-50%)
- Able to read engineer/design, architectural, and structural blueprints.
- Fundamental understanding of general construction methods, practices, and terminology.
- High level of self-discipline, motivation, and ability to operate in a team environment.
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in a wide-ranging climates and environments
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
We are looking for candidates to perform design work in connection with the installation of the fire protection system based from our Omaha Area Office in Nebraska.
Continental Fire Sprinkler Company is a full-service fire suppression company that designs, installs, services and inspects fire protection systems. With talented people and extensive resources, Continental Fire Sprinkler Company has completed a wide range of projects within 46 different states throughout the nation since 1971. Our headquarters are in Omaha, NE, with area offices in Davenport, IA; Des Moines, IA; and Glen Burnie, MD. We pride ourselves on developing top-notch people into the managers and leaders of the future. Our success is evidenced by the number of successful, long-term Continental employees. We commit extensive resources to training and developing our people through formal programs and hands-on experience. Our experienced personnel, use of innovative technology and genuine dedication to customer service has established us as a trusted source for fire protection services.
This position is based out of our Omaha Area Office and surrounding projects in Nebraska.
• Detailing of shop drawings, field engineering, and operation planning
• Project scheduling and quantity tracking, material procurement
• Coordinate sprinkler design with existing structure and other MEP subcontractors.
• Contract administration, and estimating and supervision of field activities
• Other job duties as assigned
How to apply:
March 31, 2020