About the program: Student internship will be related to the Intern's academic career goals or field of study. Mentorship provided throughout the program. Individual Development Plan to create and track career planning, professional development, and training activities.
Positions offer opportunity for career advancement (upon completion of the program individuals often fill maintenance worker position vacancies within the district). Targeted degrees include:
Apprenticeship skilled trades - building trades - carpentry/cabinetmaking - construction technology - diesel technology - electrical technology - heavy equipment operation - machine tool technology - plumbing, heating, & air conditioning - welding technology
Maintenance Worker - Pathways Trainee Program
Various Lake Projects - Kansas City District
$15.37 - $25.93 per hour (subject to locality & duties)
Current students enrolled in a college/university, community college and/or
junior college; professional, technical, vocational and trade school; pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate.
Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years (veterans may have up to 6 years), a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.
For detailed Intern and Recent Grad qualification descriptions visit - https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/students-re...
You must be able to obtain & maintain:
- Suitability for Federal employment
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a pre-employment Certification
- Statement for Selective Service Registration
- Personnel security investigation
- Applicants must provide resume and copy of transcript(s), resume may NOT include photos of your-self, Social Security Number, sensitive information, personal information such as age, gender, religion, etc. or encrypted documents.
How to Apply:
Apply via email to KCCORPS.Careers@usace.army.mil | Subject line: DHA-Student OR Recent Grad AND Degree/Certificate
Application Deadline: February 20, 2019