Medical Lab Technician
1. Medical Lab Technician: possess an Associate’s degree meeting the requirements for CLIA or graduates from an accredited institution for Medical Technicians.
2. Prefer two years experience in a laboratory setting.
KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS/EXPERTISE:
1. Ability to communicate well with patients, employees, physician’s etc
2. Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with peers and employees.
3. Must be able to handle confidential information successfully.
4. Ability to work with people under all conditions.
5. Ability to handle stress.
6. Ability to carry out policies and procedures as outlined.
1. Normal eyesight, with or without corrective lenses.
2. Normal hearing, with or without hearing aides.
3. Motor coordination and manual dexterity.
4. The ability to bend, stoop, crawl, kneel.
5. The ability to lift and/or support 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
1. Various lighting conditions throughout the departments.
2. Prolonged amount of sitting, standing and walking throughout the day.
3. Work with people under all conditions.
4. Meet and talk with a wide variety of employees, visitors, and patients.
5. Close visual work.
6. May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases.
7. Exposed to offensive odors and hazards of explosive gasses.
8. Exposed to a variety of electro-mechanical hazards.
9. Works under emergency situations.
10. Responsible for 24-hour call at times.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting and maintaining records of patient/resident test results.
2. Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency-testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
3. Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
4. Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
5. Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, and either correct the problems or immediately notify the laboratory supervisor.
6. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
7. If qualified under CFR 493.1489(b) (4), must perform high complexity testing only under the onsite, direct supervision of an MT or lab supervisor qualified under CFR 493.1461 or have the work reviewed within twenty-four hours by a general supervisor qualified under CFR 493.1461.
8. Provide guidance and training for new and/or less experienced personnel.
9. Develop and maintain a good working rapport with interdepartmental personnel.
10. This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
HOSPITAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
1. Attend facility and department meetings.
2. Participate in fire and disaster drills.
3. Follow the department dress code.
4. Wear name badge so visible at all times while working.
5. Be to work on time and when scheduled.
7. Follow the time clock procedures (clock in and out properly).
8. Follow facility safety policies.
9. Follow infection control policies.
10. Follow facility confidentiality policy.
11. Follow facility HIPAA and Corporate Compliance policy.
12. Through approved workshops and in-services, improve skills and job knowledge.
13. Follow personnel policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
1. Be aware of and cooperate with the mission of Gove County Medical Center.
2. Maintain good interpersonal relationships with personnel of other departments, public, physicians, patients/residents, and promote positive guest relations.
3. Demonstrate the ability and willingness to provide support to Department Managers, Supervisors, and coworkers in a team oriented manner.
4. Demonstrate a respectful and caring attitude through verbal and non-verbal behavior.
5. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to contribute an effort to cross department boundaries to ensure quality and efficient service.
How to apply:
March 1, 2020