Application to Manhattan Tech
- Submit the online Admission Application and pay the required forty-dollar ($40.00) non-refundable application fee. Please allow at least ten (10) business days for processing of application.
Manhattan Tech Email and Online Account
- Once your application has been processed and you are a new student, you will receive an email to your personal email address listed on your application. This email will provide instructions on how to access your student portal and reset your temporary password. Your MATC email will be used for all Manhattan Tech communication.
Financial Aid/Military Education Benefits
- Federal Financial Aid is available in the form of grants, loans, and work study. If you would like to be considered for federal and state financial aid programs, complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can submit the FAFSA online through the Department of Education’s site: www.fafsa.ed.gov. Manhattan Tech’s school code is 005500. We accept various military education benefits. Please refer to our website for details.
Submit Official Transcripts
- Official high school and college transcripts can be mailed or transferred electronically (email@example.com) directly from the issuing institution and received by the Registrar prior to registration. Official transcripts must be in a sealed envelope upon receipt. Additional questions about can be directed to our registrar's page transcripts may be sent to:
Manhattan Area Technical College
3136 Dickens Ave
Manhattan, KS 66503
- Schedule an appointment for the Placement Assessment, if applicable. Manhattan Tech uses the Accuplacer Assessment for placement into math and English courses. If you have taken the ACT or college level math/English classes, you may not need to take the Accuplacer. Scheduling an assessment test can be completed on our website.
Schedule a Pre-Associate Degree of Nursing Appointment
- Set up a time with an academic advisor by contacting the student services office at 785-587-2800. The advising appointment should be scheduled as soon as you apply for the nursing program, but must be completed no later than December 1 for the next fall entry date.
Complete Associate Degree of Nursing Pre-Requisites
- (Verified by official transcript) minimum grade of “C” for transferability:
- BSC 125 Anatomy & Physiology - 5 credit hours (prerequisites exist for this course)
- NTR 105 Nutrition - 3 credit hours
- PSY 125 Human Development - 3 credit hours
- MAT 110 Intermediate Algebra or Higher - 3 credit hours
- CNA Certificate (Certified Nurse Aid) (See PN packet for out of state criteria)
Obtain a Kansas Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) License
- Practical Nursing applicants are required to have an active Kansas Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) certificate. Manhattan Tech schedules CNA courses each semester. Applicants who hold an active CNA license from another state must complete the Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services (KDADS) Interstate Transfer Application and have a schedule time to test prior to the application deadline. Contact the Kansas Department of Aging and Disability Services (KDADS) at 785-296-6877 to receive more information about this option.
Schedule and Complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
- The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a requirement for program entry. The test must have been taken within three (3) years of applying to the program. Registration for the TEAS is through the ATI website at www.atitesting.com. Effective mid-August 2018 registration will take place through Manhattan Tech.
- Students that complete their TEAS test at Manhattan Tech will not have to provide results. The Office of Admissions will verify the TEAS test scores. However, students that complete their TEAS test at another institution will have to follow ATI’s process for ordering a TEAS transcript and have it sent to Manhattan Tech.
Proof of Immunizations & Nursing Essential Skills and Functional Abilities
- These immunization requirements are in place for the health and safety of Manhattan Tech PN students and their patients. Refer below for the immunizations that are required:
- MMR Documentation - Two (2) doses or proof of immunity by titer
- Chickenpox (Varicella) - Two (2) doses or proof of immunity by titer (Will NOT ACCEPT HISTORY OF CHICKENPOX)
- Tetanus (TDAP) - One (1) dose taken less than 10 years ago
- Hepatitis B (Hep B) - Three (3) doses or proof of immunity by titer
- A health care provider must sign the Health Care Provider Signature Form within six (6) months of program admission and indicate whether the applicant will be able to meet the cognitive, sensory, affective and psychomotor performance requirements in order to perform as a nursing student. Refer to PN packet for more information.
If Applicable, Test of English as a Foreign Language
- Practical Nursing applicants whose primary language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency before being accepted into the Practical Nursing program. The test used to measure English proficiency as set by Manhattan Tech, is the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Each area must meet the minimum requirements in the categories listed below:
- Writing: 20
- Speaking: 20
- Reading: 19
- Listening: 20
Complete Practical Nursing Application – Separate from College Application
- Submit your application for the PN Program to Manhattan Tech. All items listed within the Practical Nursing Program Information Packet and Application (found online) must be completed before the Nursing Admissions Committee will consider the entrance into the PN program. Applications must be turned in by March 1 for next available fall entry date