Post date: July 1, 2020
Company Name: IG Design Group, INC.
- Produce envelopes, guides, tissues, and commercial plates for all sheetfed and web presses.
- Set up and build templates for imposition program.
- Build and adjust profiles for ripping applications.
- Use imposition and ripping applications to make plates with CTP machine.
- Utilize imposition program’s uploaded files to produce Dyluxs’, proofs, and plates.
- Set up and build files to be printed on HP360 Printer.
- Cut Files using Mimaki cutter.
- Set up and maintain prepress equipment.
- Verify and maintain calibration of CTP machine.
- Mentor and guide Technicians.
- Make routine operating decisions within department and provide feedback to leadership.
- Keep accurate records.
- Maintain orderly filing systems for digital files and mechanicals.
- Maintain excellent quality standards by thoroughly checking files, proofs, and plates throughout the entire process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- (2) or more years of experience as a Prepress Technician and/or related education
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and managers
- Knowledge of chemicals used in prepress and printing
- Experience using PC, Mac computer, using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Acrobat with pitstop, ripping, imposition programs, and Flexisign (HP360)
- Must have proven ability to keep pace with incoming jobs and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision
- Detail oriented with the ability to work with numerical data
- Basic math skills
- Must have good problem-solving skills
- Ability to safely work with chemicals used in a plate room/printing department
- Distribution/manufacturing environment that is controlled with heat and air-conditioning
- Pressure to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
Regular attendance is an expectation of performance to ensure adequate staffing and meet expected productivity throughout the organization, employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
How to Apply
July 20, 2020