PROGRAM SUSPENDED FOR THE 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR.
Biotechnology covers a broad spectrum of industries including research, health and medical, industrial and environmental, food and agriculture, biodiesel fuels and other emerging fields.
The Biotechnology program prepares students to apply scientific principles and technical skills in support of a variety of laboratories in the biotechnology arena. The program includes instruction in:
- Standard laboratory practices and procedures
- Techniques for analysis, testing and inspection
- Laboratory instrumentation and equipment operation and maintenance
- Laboratory and materials handling safety
- Computer applications that apply to various fields
The certificate program requires a prior degree awarded in a science field, as well as specific science course work, or the permission of the Director of Biosciences.