Post date: May 11, 2020
Company Name: Gove County Medical Center
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the care and safety of patients undergoing transportation, treatment.
- Use equipment correctly to minimize hazards of electrical shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
- Demonstrate care and use of supplies, films and equipment.
- Instruct and/or assist patients in proper gowning and prepare for radiographic and fluoroscopic examinations.
- Determine most suitable anatomical posture or position and shields patients accordingly.
- Practice medical and surgical aseptic procedures.
- Interact professionally and supportively with patients and/or families, providing an explanation of the procedures being conducted.
- Show initiative in duties performed and be prompt in carrying out orders for tests and procedures.
- Instruct nursing personnel on the proper preparation for the radiological procedure.
- Show proficiency in all routine examinations.
- Keep current with advances and changes in the field of Radiology.
- Accurately obtain mandatory information such as a signed consent form, pregnancy information, iodine sensitivity, renal function, patient history, etc., which may have an impact on the current examination.
- Properly mark, label, develop, and prepare images for Radiologists.
- This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
HOSPITAL POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
- Attend facility and department meetings.
- Participate in fire and disaster drills.
- Follow the department dress code.
- Wear name badge so visible at all times while working.
- Be to work on time and when scheduled.
- Follow the time clock procedures (clock in and out properly).
- Follow facility safety policies.
- Follow infection control policies.
- Follow facility confidentiality policy.
- Follow facility HIPAA and Corporate Compliance policy.
- Through approved workshops and in-services, improve skills and job knowledge.
- Follow personnel policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Be aware of and cooperate with the mission of Gove County Medical Center.
- Maintain good interpersonal relationships with personnel of other departments, public, physicians, patients/residents, and promote positive guest relations.
- Demonstrate the ability and willingness to provide support to Department Managers, Supervisors, and coworkers in a team oriented manner.
- Demonstrate a respectful and caring attitude through verbal and non-verbal behavior.
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to contribute an effort to cross department boundaries to ensure quality and efficient service.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited program in radiologic technology and possess a valid license or be a Licensed Radiologic Technologist from the Kansas Board of Healing Arts.
- Experience preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS/EXPERTISE:
- Ability to communicate well with patients, employees, physician’s etc.
- Ability to maintain good interpersonal relationships with peers and employees.
- Must be able to handle confidential information successfully.
- Ability to work with people under all conditions.
- Ability to handle stress.
- Ability to carry out policies and procedures as outlined.
- Eye/Hand, Eye/Foot, Hand/Foot Coordination.
- Normal eyesight, with or without corrective lenses.
- Normal hearing, with or without hearing aides.
- Motor coordination and manual dexterity.
- The ability to bend, stoop, crawl, kneel.
- The ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
- Various lighting conditions throughout the department.
- Prolonged amount of sitting, standing, and walking throughout the day,
- Work with people under all conditions.
- Meet and talk with a wide variety of employees, visitors, and patients.
- Close visual work.
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases.
- Lifts and supports weights of 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 50-100 pounds of force occasionally; could be subject to strains.
- Works under emergency situations.
- Responsible for 24-hour call.
- Wears protective gowns and aprons.
- Reaches for, pushes, pulls and lifts x-ray equipment.
- Electrical and radiation energy hazards are present.
How to Apply
Check us out at www.govecountymedicalcenter.org for a job application
June 11, 2020