Support Services & Accommodations

Update During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Modifying Existing Accommodations:
Accommodation modifications may be requested at any time during the semester, as you may encounter barriers that weren’t obvious until the shift to online-only access. Please schedule with Tyler Stoldt using our online scheduler for virtual consultations about accommodation modifications. These modifications may require the assistance of other departments on campus to coordinate, but your requests will continue to be handled in a professional, confidential manner. 

Any enrolled student at Manhattan Tech who has a documented disability that has an impact upon the educational environment is eligible for services by speaking with Student Services. Students must provide this documentation at their own cost and effort. Student Services reserves the right to deny services or accommodations until such time as the appropriate documentation is provided. The actual services that will be provided are determined based on the nature and severity of the disability, the course requirements in consultation with the student, and academic faculty.

Note: Documentation requirements vary among colleges and institutions. If a student plans to transfer, he/she must be sure to contact the representative at the receiving institution and get information on their documentation requirements and process for applying for services. 

Applying for Support Services and Accommodations

It is very important that all students requiring accommodations recognize that it is their responsibility to request services in a timely manner. 

New Students

Requirements for new students are:

Gather documents establishing the existence of a disability.

Make an appointment with Student Services. Call 785-587-2800 or visit the welcome desk (located in the commons). Office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

Returning Students

Each semester, returning students at Manhattan Tech who have registered with the Student Retention Specialist should arrange for accommodations as needed. Accommodation forms must be renewed each semester. If you have not previously registered with a disability services representative, please follow the instructions for new students.


Any student who wants to receive accommodations must provide clear evidence.

What is Documentation?
  • Diagnosis written on a prescription or a half size letterhead is not acceptable.
  • All documentation must be typed (not handwritten) on full-size letterhead and signed by the qualifying professional.
  • To guarantee your privacy, Student Services does not accept faxed records.
  • Students are encouraged to bring their documentation with them when they apply for services instead of having it mailed to the College.
When must this documentation be provided?

Documentation must be provided prior to receiving services.

Where is the documentation kept?

Documentation is maintained in a confidential file and is never combined with the student’s academic record, in compliance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).