City: Junction City
Post date: June 24, 2020
Company Name: Geary Community Hospital
The Surgical Technician is responsible for aiding the Registered Nurse or physician during the pre-operative, operative and immediate post-operative recovery phases. Providing superior patient/family customer service to align with the overall expectation of a positive patient experience is critical. Duties of this role include:
- Prepare room, instruments and supplies for surgical procedures
- Handle the instruments, supplies and any necessary equipment during surgical procedures
- Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization
- Function with accuracy, speed and cooperativeness during emergency situations
- Participate in the patient and family education process
- Perform care to patients in a positive manner reflective of the hospital's philosophy and objectives
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of surgical technology program preferred, but not required. If not a graduate, must have at least one year of direct patient care experience in a hospital setting, preferably in a surgical unit, with demonstrated aptitude for surgical technology to qualify for on-the-job training.
- Basic computer skills which enable completion of administrative tasks
How to Apply
October 30, 2020