Failure of the student/candidate to comply with these set policies will result in the immediate termination of the testing session.
- All exams must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
- Payment and scheduling should be done prior to test appointment.
- Persons not scheduled to take a test will not be permitted to wait in the test center.
- Candidates who refuse to follow the test center personnel instructions will not be allowed to enter the test room and take their test.
- Candidates are expected to conduct themselves in a civil manner when on the premises of a Manhattan Tech Regional Testing Center. Abusive behavior toward Manhattan Tech Regional Testing Center staff members could result in criminal prosecution.
- Candidates will be required to sign out when leaving the test room, and sign in and show identification prior to reentering the test room.
- Communicating, publishing, reproducing or transmitting any part of an examination in any form or by any means is strictly prohibited.
- Conversing with other candidates, referring to their computer screens, testing materials or written notes is prohibited at any time during the testing day.
- Papers, notes, published materials, or other testing aids will not be permitted in the computer testing centers. Scratch paper or a dry erase board will be provided.
- Soft ear plugs and sound-reduction headphones are available by request at the test center.
- All materials issued by the proctors must be returned at the end of the exam.
- To protect the privacy of all testers, Manhattan Tech Regional Testing Center staff will neither confirm nor deny if any particular individual is present or scheduled at the test center.
- Candidates will not be permitted to bring any personal or unauthorized items into the test room.
- Such items include but are not limited to:
outerwear, hats, food, drinks, purses, briefcases, notebooks, pagers, watches, cellular telephones, recording devices, photographic equipment, smart watches, Google glasses and other electronic devices. All personal items may be stored in the locker provided by Manhattan Tech Regional Testing Center. Weapons are not allowed at any Manhattan Tech Regional Testing Center.
- Such items include but are not limited to:
- The Manhattan Tech Regional Testing Center will follow all sponsors and owners’ guidelines. Students will be expected to follow the same guidelines.
- Light clothing items removed for comfort such as sweaters, suit jackets, scarves, etc., must be hung on the examinee’s chair, not placed in laps or on the workstation desktop. Outerwear such as heavy coats, parkas, rain coats, etc., is not permitted in the test room.
- Candidates will be required to present one valid, unexpired and original government-issued photo ID with a birth date and signature, such as a driver's license, passport, national ID or military ID.
- Candidates will be continuously monitored by video and physical walk-throughs during examinations. All testing sessions may be video- and/or audio- recorded.
- Prior to entering the test room, candidates may be required to undergo the following security procedures:
- Candidates will be scanned with a metal detector wand.
- Candidates will be asked to raise slacks/pants legs above the ankles, and asked to pull up long sleeves above the wrists.
- Candidates photo will be taken.
- Candidates Digital Signature will be captured.
- Candidates will be asked to empty and turn pockets inside out.
- Candidates will be prohibited from removing jewelry or articles of clothing, such as over-shirts or sweaters while in the test room.
- The following policies will be enforced for all breaks, both scheduled and unscheduled, during the exam day:
- If a break is taken during the exam, candidates must return to their original assigned seat.
- Repeated or lengthy unscheduled breaks will be reported by the proctor.
- Candidates may not discuss the exam with any person while on break during the exam day.
- The use of cell phones and other electronic devices during scheduled or unscheduled breaks is prohibited. Cell phones and other electronic devices must remain in the lockers provided by Manhattan Tech Regional Testing Center for the duration of the examination
- If access to an item stored in the test center locker is required during a break, such as food or medicine, candidates must inform Manhattan Tech Regional Testing Center staff before they retrieve the item.
Only required items will be permitted in the testing center:
- Approved calculators.
- Permitted religious headwear
- Medical equipment approved as a special accommodation
Personal items are not allowed in the exam room. They should be stored either in your vehicle or in a locker (lock provided) at the testing center. Please be aware that the test center, staff or the Regional Testing Center will not be held responsible for loss or damage of personal belongings.
Any items below discovered in the testing room will be confiscated by the Test Administrator and the appropriate testing service will be notified. Examinees are not permitted to take the following items into the exam room:
- Cell phones, pagers, beepers, audio or video devices
- Electronic dictionaries or Electronic language translators
- Food or beverages
- Any form of tobacco or tobacco products
- Weapons, alcoholic beverages, or illicit drugs. (if any of these are seen or found in the testing center local authorities will be contacted)
- Hats and headwear (unless by religious requirements).
- Brief cases, book bags, backpacks, purses
- Unapproved courseware, books, notes
- Mechanical pencils.
- Personal laptops, thumb drives, or MP3 recorders.
- Unapproved outerwear, to include hooded wear, hoodies, or other items that may cause a breach of the test center security or a security irregularity between the examinee, test center and the material provided therein.
- Written notes, published materials and other testing aids are strictly prohibited in the test room, except where allowed by your test sponsor. Test center staff will refer to the applicable Client Practices for allowances.
Privacy and Confidentiality
The privacy and confidentiality of all client personal information is critical. The test center does not maintain personal files on clients; nor is information released to any third party or agency on any client receiving services at the test center. Communication of client information is restricted to the following: the client and the test center, the test center and the test provider, and/or the client and the test provider.
The Manhattan Tech Regional Testing Center has security measures in place intended to protect the misuse and alteration of testing material under our control. Our network access to the infrastructure is protected by a firewall protection system. Visual surveillance of examinee information is regarded with confidentiality and privacy.
No examinee is permitted access to any area of the test center that contains secure test materials or equipment. Safety directions and procedures are visibly posted and available to examinees receiving services at the test center.