Below you will find generalized steps to applying to Manhattan Area Technical College. We encourage future students to click HERE for a detailed checklist for each specific program. As each program has specific entrance requirements.
COMPLETE AND SUBMIT ALL ADMISSIONS FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Online Application for Admission & non-refundable application fee of $40.00
- Submit Tuberculosis (TB) Test if flagged during screening questionnaire on application
REQUEST OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT(S)
- Request an official high school transcript from the last high school that you attended (for GED transcripts, visit Request a GED)
- Request an official transcript(s) from all colleges attended. If you are sending transcripts electronically using a service such as eScrip, Parchment, or Credential Solutions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re having your official transcripts sent via mail, please have them sent directly to:
Manhattan Area Technical College
3136 Dickens Ave
Manhattan, KS 66503
APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
- Don’t wait! The financial aid application process can take time and funds cannot be awarded until we have received all documentation.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov (you will need tax-related income information such as the Form 1040 and W2s). Manhattan Tech’s school code is: 005500.
- Submit all required documents. To find out which documents are required and which we have received, login to the Online Financial Aid System. You can also contact the Financial Aid Office.
FIND YOUR STARTING POINT
- Take the free ACCUPLACER college placement test (complete information, including testing schedules, study guides, and sample test questions, can be found at the Testing Center)
- Provide an official copy of COMPASS, ACCUPLACER, or ACT scores (if taken within the past three years); this may exempt you from having to take the placement test.
You will receive an email to the personal address listed on your admissions application with login credentials for MATCOnline as well as your student email account. Make sure to check your email frequently for important information as that is the official means Manhattan Tech will be communicating with you. Additionally, reach out if you have any questions; we are here to help!