Below you will find generalized steps for applying at Manhattan Area Technical College. We encourage future students to click HERE for a detailed checklist for each specific program. As each program has specific entrance requirements.
Below you will find generalized steps to applying to programs at Manhattan Area Technical College. We encourage future students to click HERE for a detailed checklist for each specific program. As each program has specific entrance requirements.
COMPLETE AND SUBMIT ALL ADMISSIONS FORMS AND DOCUMENTS
- Online Undergraduate Application & non-refundable application fee of $40.00 (If undergraduate seeking)
- Submit Tuberculosis (TB) Test if flagged during screening questionnaire on application
REQUEST OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT(S)
- Request an official high school transcript from the last high school that you attended (for GED transcripts, visit Request a GED)
- Request an official transcript(s) from all colleges attended. If you are sending transcripts electronically using a service such as eScrip, Parchment, or Credential Solutions, please email them to email@example.com. If you’re having your official transcripts sent via mail, please have them sent directly to:
Manhattan Area Technical College
3136 Dickens Ave
Manhattan, KS 66503
APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
- Don’t wait! The financial aid application process can take time and funds cannot be awarded until we have received all documentation.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa (you will need tax-related income information such as the Form 1040 and W2s). Manhattan Tech’s school code is: 005500.
- Submit all required documents. To find out which documents are required and which we have received, log in to the Online Financial Aid System. You can also contact the Financial Aid Office.
FIND YOUR STARTING POINT
- Take the free ACCUPLACER college placement test (complete information, including testing schedules, study guides, and sample test questions, can be found at the Testing Center)
- Provide an official copy of ACCUPLACER or ACT scores (if taken within the past three years); this may exempt you from having to take the placement test.
You will receive an email to the personal address listed on your admissions application with login credentials for MATCOnline as well as your student email account. Make sure to check your email frequently for important information as that is the official means Manhattan Tech will be communicating with you. Additionally, reach out if you have any questions; we are here to help!
Complete Non-Degree Seeking Application
Submit the Non-Degree Seeking application. Please allow at least ten (10) business days for the processing of the application.
Once your application has been processed and you are a new student, you will receive an email to your provided personal email address. This will provide instructions on how to access your student portal and reset your temporary password. Your Manhattan Tech email will be used for all official communication.
Placement Assessment, if Applicable
Schedule an appointment for the Placement Assessment, if applicable. Manhattan Tech uses the Accuplacer Assessment for placement into math and English courses. Scheduling an assessment test can be completed on our website. If you have taken the ACT or college-level math/English classes, you may not need to take the Accuplacer.
Registration Agreement & PIU
The PIU and RA are required prior to enrollment each semester. After logging in to MATC Online, the RA and PIU can be found on the right side of the home page under Course Schedules.
Enrollment with an Academic Advisor
An Academic advisor will reach out to assist with enrolling along with verifying if any outstanding requirements need to be met to enroll in the specific course(s).
Visit the Manhattan Tech Virtual Bookstore to order your textbooks.
Payment & Attendance
Students must set up a payment option by the first day of class or have communicated with our Student Account Coordinator in regards to payment options. If you have questions about tuition, please contact us at 785-320-4512 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Manhattan Tech requires regular and punctual attendance in all classes. Non-Degree seeking students should consult with FA to determine if
they are eligible for financial aid.