Military Education Benefits

servicemember holding books

If you served on Active Duty, you might be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs. For example, the Post 9/11 GI Bill® provides financial support for educational and housing expenses to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill®.

If you are the spouse or child of a service member, you may be eligible for transfer of the service member's Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits to you.  The servicemember must officially transfer months of benefits to you.

The Kansas Commission on Veteran's Affairs has approved VA educational benefits for all Manhattan Tech programs. Veterans, Reservists, and eligible dependents requesting to use benefits must complete the appropriate forms which are available from the Department of Veterans Affairs at 888.442.4551, or online at or  The average time for the VA to process education claims is 30 days.  Once you have applied to use education benefits with the VA, you will have access to your Certificate of Eligibility that is specifically for education benefits.  The VA typically mails you (the student) a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility if they’ve approved your application.  You (the student) may also be able to access your Certificate of Eligibility at or  We request that you submit a Certificate of Eligibility to us so that we may be aware of your percentage of tuition and fees paid by the VA and how many months of remaining eligibility you have.  Beginning August 1, 2020, the VA is increasing the amount they will cover for those individuals with fewer months of service.

Students receiving Veteran's Education Benefits must turn in the Manhattan Tech Veteran Enrollment Certification Form each semester prior to the Office of Financial Aid certifying courses.  

Please note that some of our programs are considered to be offered in 'Non-Standard Terms' by the VA.  This may impact the way in which any applicable housing allowance and/or other eligible stipends are paid by the VA.

Monthly Housing Allowance Rate Changes


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
The absence of the registration symbol ® does not constitute a waiver of VA's trademark rights in that phrase.

If you are currently active duty, National Guard or a Reservist, you may be eligible for funding offered through the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance (TA) program. National Guardsmen or Reservists eligible for educational benefits should contact the Office of Financial Aid to obtain necessary school documentation.  As a reminder, Service members should first check with the Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within their Military Service regarding eligibility status and the amount for which you qualify prior to enrolling in an institution.  Each branch has its own rules and methods of applying for TA, so you will need to contact your unit for application assistance.

If you will be using tuition assistance, you will need to submit an approved TA Authorization to the Office of Financial Aid on or before the payment deadline of each semester.  The TA program only pays for tuition, not fees.  Please be aware that Manhattan Tech has per credit hour student fees as well as course-specific distance learning fees and course fees.  Service members using Tuition Assistance will be responsible for paying any applicable fees.

If your TA administrator requests a signed program plan of study, please contact the Office of Financial Aid to obtain this document.  We are also happy to assist with uploading courses/plans to your tuition assistance portal.

Click below for more information about Tuition Assistance:

MyCAA is available to spouses of service members on active duty. If you are the spouse of a service member who is serving on active duty Title 10 orders in the paygrades of E1-E5, O1-O2, or W1-W2, you may be eligible for financial assistance from the Department of Defense for education, training, and/or the occupational license and credentials necessary for a high demand, high growth portable career.  Spouses married to members of the National Guard and reserve components in these same pay grades may also be eligible.  For more information or to apply go to My CAA Website or call 800-342-9647.