Other Sources of Assistance

person looking through binoculars

Heartland Works (HWI)-Manhattan Workforce Center & Junction City Workforce Center
HWI operates a variety of federally-funded grants which provide scholarship assistance for individuals pursing training leading to occupations in high demand industries with strong salaries and good retention rates. Eligibility guidelines apply. The Workforce Center also offers assistance with job search and placement services. For more information on HWI, grants and the Manhattan or Junction City Workforce Centers, please visit www.heartlandworks.org, or contact them at 785-539-5691 for Manhattan or 785-762-8870 for Junction City.

SER Corporation
Provides educational assistance for eligible students who have work experience or a parent who has work experience in the agriculture area. To apply, visit their website at www.sercorp.com.

United Tribes of Kansas and Southeast Nebraska
Educational assistance programs for students of Native American descent. To apply, contact their office at 785-595-3291.

Department for Children and Families/Rehabilitation Services
Manhattan - 785-776-4011
Salina - 785-826-8000
Junction City - 785-762-5445

Army Emergency Relief Education Programs

Global Automotive Aftermarket Symposium

Hispanic Scholarship Fund

United Negro College Fund

American Indian College Fund

Scholarship Search Sites

Private (Alternative) Loans
Private loans are non-federal educational loans in the student's name, offered through private lenders. Students may apply for a loan from any lender that offers private educational loans. While Manhattan Tech does not maintain a recommended or preferred lender list, we can talk through considerations you should keep in mind as you make a decision.  Please visit with a Manhattan Tech financial aid advisor if you are considering applying for a private loan and complete private loan counseling.