GI Bill®

If you served on Active Duty, you might be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs. For example, the Post 9/11 GI Bill® provides financial support for educational and housing expenses to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill®.

If you are the spouse or child of a service member, you may be eligible for transfer of the service member's Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits to you.  The servicemember must officially transfer months of benefits to you.

The Kansas Commission on Veteran's Affairs has approved VA educational benefits for all Manhattan Tech programs. Veterans, Reservists, and eligible dependents requesting to use benefits must complete the appropriate forms which are available from the Department of Veterans Affairs at 888.442.4551, or online at or  The average time for the VA to process education claims is 30 days.  Once you have applied to use education benefits with the VA, you will have access to your Certificate of Eligibility that is specifically for education benefits.  The VA typically mails you (the student) a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility if they’ve approved your application.  You (the student) may also be able to access your Certificate of Eligibility at or  We request that you submit a Certificate of Eligibility to us so that we may be aware of your percentage of tuition and fees paid by the VA and how many months of remaining eligibility you have.  Beginning August 1, 2020, the VA is increasing the amount they will cover for those individuals with fewer months of service.

Students receiving Veteran's Education Benefits must turn in the Manhattan Tech Veteran Enrollment Certification Form each semester prior to the Office of Financial Aid certifying courses.  

Please note that some of our programs are considered to be offered in 'Non-Standard Terms' by the VA.  This may impact the way in which any applicable housing allowance and/or other eligible stipends are paid by the VA.

Monthly Housing Allowance Rate Changes


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
The absence of the registration symbol ® does not constitute a waiver of VA's trademark rights in that phrase.