Collection and Unpaid Accounts

If you have an outstanding unpaid balance, your account may be sent to collection as indicated in our MATC Student Financial Responsibility Statement.

Our Process

Prior to sending your account to collection, the Student Account Specialist will attempt to notify you about your outstanding debt using your current MATC email account and the mailing address we have on file.

If you receive a collection communication from MATC, review your student account online:

  • Log in to MATC online using your username and password.
  • Navigate to the "Student" tab
  • In the section labled "Tuition, Fees and Billing" select "My Account Information"
  • To make a payment, select the "Make a Payment" option. Make your payment using a credit or debit card.
  • Payment may also be made in person by visiting the front office, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.

Authorized Agencies

If your account remains unpaid and has been sent to collection, you may be contacted by one or more of the agencies working with MATC.

Collection Agencies Authorized for Unpaid Student Accounts

Kansas Setoff Program       

PO Box 2713

Topeka, KS 66601-2713


Credit World Services, Inc.

6000 Martway St.

Mission, KS 66202


You may be contacted by MATC, or our designated collection agency, regarding your obligation through any of the contact phone numbers you have provided. You may receive pre-recorded voice messages regarding any outstanding student obligations.

Additionally, if your account has been sent to collection, you may be charged fees by the collection agency. Collection agency fees are a percentage of the debt owed. A fee equal to as much as 15 percent of your debt may be added to your account, which will increase the total amount you owe. The collection agency may also report your delinquent debts to a credit bureau.