Manhattan Tech offers a payment plan as an option for paying tuition, student fees, and course fees. The payment plan allows students to pay account balances in monthly installments when enrolled in non-continuing education courses for fall, spring, and/or summer.
No interest or finance charges are assessed, but a 10% down payment plus a $25.00 non-refundable set-up fee are due at the time the payment plan agreement is signed. The remaining balance will be divided into monthly payments over the current semester, due by the fifteenth of each month. Mannhattan Tech accepts cash, check, money orders, credit, and debt cards.
What Students Need to Know about Manhattan Tech’s Payment Plan:
- A business hold will be placed on the student’s account. Once the balance has been paid in full, the hold will be lifted. A business hold prevents a student from enrolling in additional and upcoming courses, receiving grades, transcripts, and degrees/certifications.
- Students are responsible for the full amount of tuition, fees, lab fees, and other charges on their account that are deferred unless they officially drop and/or withdraw within the refund period.
- Failure to attend classes, or lack of attendance, does not constitute an official drop. Students are still responsible for the balance due on their accounts.
- Final payments are due prior to the last day of the class in that semester.
- For any changes, students must contact the Student Account Specialist at 785-320-4512 or StudentAccounts@manhattantech.edu.
- Students will not be able to register in additional classes or upcoming semesters any outstanding balances exist on their accounts. Accounts will be turned over to collections and/or the Kansas Setoff program if left unpaid at the end of the semester.
- Certificates, diplomas, and transcripts will not be processed until account is paid in full.