Manhattan Area Technical College provides high quality technical, general, and adult education to prepare individuals to pursue technologically advanced careers and lead productive lives in a dynamic and diverse global environment.
As a leader in technical education, Manhattan Area Technical College will enhance student-centered learning and service to business, industry, and community members.
In making decisions to advance the mission of Manhattan Area Technical College, the faculty and staff value:
Integrity...being accountable for our actions
Student-centered instruction...addressing the needs of our students
Relevant program content...applying industry recommendations
Quality performance...striving for excellence
MATC fulfills its mission by:
- Offering associate of applied science degrees and technical certificates upon completion of programs and courses in technical fields to meet student, employer, and community needs.
- Complementing technical instruction with general education courses emphasizing critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Creating opportunities for secondary students in technical education through articulation agreements.
- Providing student services to include counseling, financial aid, skill enhancement and assessment, employability preparation, and student-directed activities.
- Assessing student performance and outcomes to enhance learning.
- Allocating resources to ensure a safe, accessible, and student-friendly learning environment.
- Monitoring integrity through interaction with program advisory councils, a general advisory council, and evaluation by approving agencies.
- Serving as a valued community leader and partner in the educational, economic, and workforce development of our service area.