Mission, Vision, & Values
Manhattan Area Technical College provides high quality technical, general, and adult education to prepare individuals to pursue technologically advanced careers and lead productive lives in a dynamic and diverse global environment.
As a leader in technical education, Manhattan Area Technical College will enhance student-centered learning and service to business, industry, and community members.
Providing HIRE Education - Helping Ignite & Revolutionize Education
The values of the college community drives the vision and mission of Manhattan Tech.
HELPING IGNITE the ambition and passion:
- in our students through self-advocacy
- in our faculty and staff by providing student centered support
- of our community by supporting regional workforce needs.
REVOLUTIONIZE EDUCATION through:
- active learning with hands-on instruction from day one
- faculty delivering cutting-edge industry driven expertise
- inspiring innovative lifelong learning.
Manhattan Tech fulfills its mission by:
- Offering associate of applied science degrees and technical certificates upon completion of programs and courses in technical fields to meet student, employer, and community needs.
- Complementing technical instruction with general education courses emphasizing written and verbal communication, quantitative literacy, and critical thinking/problem solving.
- Creating opportunities for secondary students in technical and general education through partnerships.
- Providing student-centered services to include counseling, financial aid, skill enhancement and assessment, employability preparation, and student-led organizations.
- Assessing student performance and outcomes to enhance learning.
- Allocating resources to ensure a safe, accessible, and student-friendly learning environment.
- Maintaining integrity through interaction with Business and Industry Leadership Teams (BILT), our Board of Directors, and ensure compliance with approving agencies.
- Serving as a valued community leader and partner in the educational, economic, and workforce development of our service area.